Views/Aura in simple words ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Views/Aura in simple words ?

Postby Tom741 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Hello,
Last time I played with CEF was with the 2623. I just downloaded the last one available on spotify binaries (3163) to start a new project.
I saw some code related to "views" that could be interesting for me, however:
- Can someone explain to me the major differences of using it or not ? (I can't consider myself as a very experienced CEF user).

- I saw some code related to child/parent manipulation. My typical usage of CEF is the following:
    * I have an App that spawn another process (let say cefsimple to stay... simple^^).
    * After the cefsimple process is spawned, I set the parent to be my App
    * I do some style/move modification and here you go, I have cefsimple integrated in my App.
    * Communication between the App and cefsimple process is mainly done with SendMessage (on Windows)
Does this Aura/views thingy can help me to integrate CEF in my App more easily ?

Many thanks,
Tom741
Techie

Re: Views/Aura in simple words ?

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:55 pm

For a description of the views framework see https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/1749. What functionality do you need in the window after you create it?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Views/Aura in simple words ?

Postby Tom741 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:32 am

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply.

I just need to have a simple way of spawning/communicating between the Main app and cefsimple.
Both are 2 different processes and I handle the com with SendMessage/PostMessage which is not really ideal (but it works ^^).

As an example, if I want to make a "browser" with multiple tabs, each tabs as a a different cefsimple process (in case one of the tab crashes), can it help me ?

Thanks,
Tom741
Techie

Return to CEF Discussion