Building CEF with MP3 Support

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Building CEF with MP3 Support

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 am

nook wrote:Am I right thinking that "1.Acquire ffmpeg libraries that support the proprietary codecs" means getting binary libraries as I did, NOT a build ffmpeg libraries with proprietary codecs support from CEF code repository?

If it works (and you have the appropriate licenses) then there's no harm in copying the ffmpeg library from a Google Chrome install. It used to be possible to build ffmpeg with mp3 support from inside the Chromium source tree. I don't know why it doesn't work today -- you could try asking on the chromium-dev mailing list.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby szanto90balazs » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:37 am

Hello!

I have the same problem, I want to enable proprietary codecs like MP3, MP4, .... . We were able to add proprietary_codecs=1 to the cef.gypi file, and opening the CefClient app and visiting the http://html5test.com/ website told that the browser support these proprietary codecs, but it failed to playback the files. With the instructions provided by nook from previous replies, I copied the libffmpegsumo.dll file from Chrome next to CefClient, and the video playback just worked.

How can we build the libffmpegsumo.dll with the proprietary codecs in cef? I see some flags that might be useful, but wasn't able to build a libffmpegsumo.dll with the propreitary codecs in it.
I've tried the following flags:
build_ffmpegsumo
use_system_ffmpeg
ffmpeg_branding
ffmpeg_branding=Chrome

Thanks for the help!
Balazs
szanto90balazs

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 am

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby markvw » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Nook when you visit http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html. Did you get the H.264/MP4 video to play?
markvw
Techie

Previous

Return to Support Forum