Crash when mousing over an image

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Crash when mousing over an image

Postby jeaye » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:46 pm

magreenblatt wrote:Right, but we've already agreed that there are likely two separate crashes. Does the frameBytesCleared crash occur on multiple pages? Try launching cefclient with some url other than google.com.

Is frameBytesCleared the mouseover crash? If not, I'm seeking the call stack for the mouseover crash, and whether you can provide specific instructions for reproducing the mouseover crash. I have been unable to reproduce the mouseover crash in my testing so far -- for example, it does not reproduce with the transparency example in cefclient which has mouseover effects.

Ah, right. The assertion failure does not happen on Github. Still, the mouseover bug does (and I've noticed now it's not just images, but also links). So, since you're not getting this crash, I can assume it's due to some dependency version difference between our Linux distributions. What're the dependencies of CEF (ideally with regard to mouseover events)? I can try downgrading.

The problem with Arch Linux is the bleeding edge software packages that can sometimes provide unstable development.
jeaye
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Before you try downgrading it would be best to identify a minimal test case that reproduces the problem for you. This test case will allow me to verify conclusively that the problem does not occur for me, and will also provide a basis for determining what, if any, future change fixes the issue. Can you provide such a test case?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby jeaye » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:40 pm

magreenblatt wrote:Before you try downgrading it would be best to identify a minimal test case that reproduces the problem for you. This test case will allow me to verify conclusively that the problem does not occur for me, and will also provide a basis for determining what, if any, future change fixes the issue. Can you provide such a test case?

I can look into it, yes. Unless cefsimple does not acknowledge my ofscreen rendering flag, I cannot reproduce the problem in cefsimple. It is, however, 100% reproducible with cefclient.
jeaye
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:45 pm

cefsimple doesn't support the flag
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby jeaye » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:25 pm

I've stripped down my code to be only a root Ogre setup and the CEF integration. I've linked it below in a tarball. When you extract it `tar zxvf cef_crash.tar.gz`, try running `./debug` right off. If that runs, you won't need to build it. If you do need to build it, just `./gen_cmake` and `make` then `./debug`. I've not yet distributed this source or build system to anyone, so I'm not sure of its stability. If you run into any problems, let me know, since I can likely help.

http://jeaye.com/upload/data/cef_crash.tar.gz

This requires Ogre 1.8.x, boost, and a compiler supporting C++11 (among other things -- let me know if you hit any problems).

Source:
application.h/cpp: Don't bother with these, they're strictly for setting up Ogre.
game.h/cpp: Where the CEF "window" (frame) is created, in game::create_scene
ui/window.h/cpp: The actual CEF browser window, which updated an Ogre texture
ui/client.h: The CefClient wrapper
ui/listener.h: The CefRenderHandler wrapper and OgreFrameListener (which queues frameStarted accordingly, thus pumping the CEF work loop)
main.cpp: Your process-level CEF handling.
jeaye
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:01 pm

A URL or html file that reproduces the problem consistently in cefclient is sufficient.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby jeaye » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:06 pm

100% reproducible
Code: Select all
./cefclient --off-screen-rendering-enabled --url=github.com
jeaye
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:15 pm

jeaye wrote:100% reproducible
./cefclient --off-screen-rendering-enabled --url=github.com

Referencing a large dynamic website like github.com is unacceptable because what I see is probably different from what you see. Please provide an simple static html example that reproduces the problem.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby jeaye » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm able to reproduce the crash simply by mousing over the link in this static webpage:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
  </head>
  <body>
  <a href="http://ddg.gg">LINK</a>
  </body>
</html>
jeaye
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:58 pm

jeaye wrote:I'm able to reproduce the crash simply by mousing over the link in this static webpage:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
  </head>
  <body>
  <a href="http://ddg.gg">LINK</a>
  </body>
</html>

OK, I tested this with cef_binary_3.1650.1544_linux64 on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. It does not crash for me. Without a call stack I can't offer much in the way of debugging suggestions. For comparison purposes these are some library versions on my Ubuntu machine:
$ dpkg-query -W libgtk2.0-dev libxtst-dev libglib2.0-dev libgtkglext1 libx11-dev
libglib2.0-dev 2.32.4-0ubuntu1
libgtk2.0-dev 2.24.10-0ubuntu6
libgtkglext1 1.2.0-2fakesync1
libx11-dev 2:1.4.99.1-0ubuntu2.2
libxtst-dev 2:1.2.0-4ubuntu0.1
magreenblatt
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Support Forum