Select options not displaying in offscreen ?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Select options not displaying in offscreen ?

Postby BenjiSBRK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:05 am

I have a <select> menu in my page that I am displaying with CEF in offscreen. When I click the select, the options don't display, but if I click where they would normally be, it does select the option. In Chrome, there is no problem and the menu displays as expected and my page is fairly simple so it's not likely to be coming from my code.
Is there a known issue about that ? Any workaround that won't require me to implement my own select in javascript ?
BenjiSBRK
Techie

Re: Select options not displaying in offscreen ?

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 pm

What OS and CEF version? Does it work in cefclient when run with the --off-screen-rendering-enabled flag?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby BenjiSBRK » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 am

magreenblatt wrote:What OS and CEF version? Does it work in cefclient when run with the --off-screen-rendering-enabled flag?

Windows 8, CEF build 1750. Cefclient seems to be working fine with the --off-screen-rendering-enabled flag :/
BenjiSBRK
Techie

Postby MartinM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 am

This may be related to combobox drop down menu is displaced (cef 3.1750.1619) in one way or another? See also Issue #1208.
MartinM
Techie

Postby BenjiSBRK » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:19 am

MartinM wrote:This may be related to combobox drop down menu is displaced (cef 3.1750.1619) in one way or another? See also Issue #1208.

This is probable. I set cef_sandbox to 0 too, that must be the difference with cefclient
BenjiSBRK
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:11 am

The select popup contents are passed to OnPaint and cefclient stores them in a separate texture. You should check that your application is handing this correctly.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby BenjiSBRK » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:58 am

magreenblatt wrote:The select popup contents are passed to OnPaint and cefclient stores them in a separate texture. You should check that your application is handing this correctly.

Yep I checked and I get it in OnPaint with type PET_POPUP, but how do I know the coordinates of that texture on the main view ?
BenjiSBRK
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:03 am

BenjiSBRK wrote:
magreenblatt wrote:The select popup contents are passed to OnPaint and cefclient stores them in a separate texture. You should check that your application is handing this correctly.

Yep I checked and I get it in OnPaint with type PET_POPUP, but how do I know the coordinates of that texture on the main view ?

By the previous call to OnPopupSize.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby BenjiSBRK » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:24 am

magreenblatt wrote:
BenjiSBRK wrote:

By the previous call to OnPopupSize.

Is it possible to have multiple popups sent to OnPaint at the same time ? What is the behavior in that case ?
BenjiSBRK
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:59 am

No, only one popup at a time.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support Forum