[SOLVED] Filezilla

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

[SOLVED] Filezilla

Postby gpiroux » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:50 am

Hi all,

We developed 6 months ago a desktop application based on the cefclient app (from release 3.1547.1412) for win32 and macosx platforms.
Yesterday, I discovered that after the installation of Filezilla (win32) I get an error when exiting the cef application (cf screenshots)

cef-filezilla_error1.png
Error when exiting the app (windows 8.1)
cef-filezilla_error1.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 3319 times

cef-filezilla_error2.png
Error when exiting the app (windows7)
cef-filezilla_error2.png (15.83 KiB) Viewed 3319 times

It seems that the cef application loads filezilla dll... Does somebody know what happens and what should be changed to avoid those errors ?
Thanks,

Geoffroy
Last edited by gpiroux on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gpiroux

Re: Filezilla

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:02 am

Looks like a problem with Filezilla's shell extension (shell extensions are loaded by the OS when showing Windows file dialogs, etc). You probably have multiple versions of libstdc++-6.dll on your system and Filezilla is finding the wrong one when loaded via your application. Try uninstalling the shell extension.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Filezilla

Postby gpiroux » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:48 am

magreenblatt wrote:Looks like a problem with Filezilla's shell extension (shell extensions are loaded by the OS when showing Windows file dialogs, etc). You probably have multiple versions of libstdc++-6.dll on your system and Filezilla is finding the wrong one when loaded via your application. Try uninstalling the shell extension.

Thanks ! I think I start to understand a little bit more the origin of the problem.

The cef application is a cross-platform app (windows and mac) that uses a library (IOLabAPI.dll) developed with boost and built on windows with MinGW. The cef application depends thus on the libstdc++-6.dll from MinGW.
So if the shell extension (fsshellext.dll) is loaded by the system, the error I have is that the libstdc++-6 from MinGW is not compatible with the libstdc++-6.dll provided with Filezilla.

I suppose that the only solution I have is to build the IOLabAPI.dll library with a MinGW compatible with the sjlj exception handling instead of the DWARF debugging info format (DW2 exception handling)...

Kr,

Geoffroy
gpiroux

Return to Support Forum