Any ideas where to find the off-screen-rendering-example?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Any ideas where to find the off-screen-rendering-example?

Postby me12 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Hey guys,

I have just downloaded the test projects from (http://cefbuilds.com/). There is a cefclient, cefsimple and libcef_dll_wrapper. According to some resources on the internet the cefclient should have an example for off-screen-rendering.

I have already tried to start the cefclient with --off-screen-rendering-enabled, which seems to call ClientOSRenderer::Initialize(). So somehow it must be activated. Yet I have no idea how to start the actual test app. I though it may be under Tests -> off-screen-rendering or something similar.

Could anyone tell me how to actually "see" the OpenGL window with the rendered browser? I assume that it is not the main window because according to some code lines it says "Rotate the view based on the mouse spin.". And there is nothing to spin in the normal "main" browser frame.

Could anyone tell me where to find it?

Thanks!
me12
Techie

Re: Any ideas where to find the off-screen-rendering-example

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:00 pm

me12 wrote:I assume that it is not the main window because according to some code lines it says "Rotate the view based on the mouse spin.". And there is nothing to spin in the normal "main" browser frame.

The main window is rendered using OpenGL when passing the "--off-screen-rendering-enabled" flag, however the spin feature is not implemented on all platforms :).
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Any ideas where to find the off-screen-rendering-example

Postby me12 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Ahh alright! Thank you very much!
me12
Techie

Return to Support Forum