webview not refreshing after changing DOM

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

webview not refreshing after changing DOM

Postby hengchu » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:39 pm

I am writing an application with cef in which I get raw access to v8 context, thus the DOM, and I would add elements to the DOM programatically. However, it seems that the webview does not reflect any change I make to the DOM, even though in the logs I could see that body.innerHTML on the DOM object has new code in it. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks!
hengchu
Techie

Re: webview not refreshing after changing DOM

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:43 pm

If you make changes directly to the V8 DOM object then Blink probably isn't notified of them. You can ask on the blink-dev mailing list to see if they have any suggestions.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby hengchu » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:57 pm

magreenblatt wrote:If you make changes directly to the V8 DOM object then Blink probably isn't notified of them. You can ask on the blink-dev mailing list to see if they have any suggestions.

I'm using cef1 with chromium 27, and I think cef1 still uses raw webkit in that version? Or is it already using blink?
hengchu
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:02 pm

hengchu wrote:
magreenblatt wrote:If you make changes directly to the V8 DOM object then Blink probably isn't notified of them. You can ask on the blink-dev mailing list to see if they have any suggestions.

I'm using cef1 with chromium 27, and I think cef1 still uses raw webkit in that version? Or is it already using blink?

Still WebKit. It's a very old Chromium/WebKit version so you may have a hard time getting a relevant answer.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum