Minimum CEF version for windows HighDpi

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Minimum CEF version for windows HighDpi

Postby arkan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:58 am

Hi,
I am using CEF in a windows application which calls SetProcessDPIAware function to honor the system dpi. Which CEF version is preferable to run the browser on high dpi on windows?
arkan
Techie

Re: Minimum CEF version for windows HighDpi

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:10 pm

1750 branch or newer should work. See also http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/how-to- ... t-windows/.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby arkan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks a lot. The post you mentioned talks about enabling High DPI on chrome browser. I need some details on enabling it in my application using embedded c++ CEF framework. As I read on the internet, it seems that SetZoomLevel is to be called periodically. Is there a better way to do it?
arkan
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:48 pm

There are two different components to hidpi support; pixel density and readability. Readability is where you might want to set the zoom level (or allow the user to customize it). The registry settings mentioned in that post about Chrome may also apply for CEF versions using the same Chromium version.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum