Need help with a renderer process crash

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Need help with a renderer process crash

Postby itaibh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:38 am

I have a crash I can't debug in the following scenario:

One browser window (let's call it A) have a link. Pressing the link will open another browser window (B). The renderer process for both is the same one, as B is a popup window.
Just as the URL in B starts to load I close browser window B. This causes the renderer process to crash and window A to close.
I don't see anything in the logs. I tried adding Try/Catch blocks around the renderer process code, and even register to all forms of events I could find to catch the crash. None of them are hit.

I don't know how to investigate this issue.

I'm using Xilium.CefGlue and CEF 1650.

Any pointers to what I can try next?

Thanks,
Itai.
itaibh
Techie

Re: Need help with a renderer process crash

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:37 am

You can attach a debugger to the renderer process as described here: http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/debugging
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Need help with a renderer process crash

Postby itaibh » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:25 am

Actually I did and it didn't help. Even taking a crash memory snapshot using procdump.exe didn't help me investigate the problem.
But I managed to solve it somehow - I was using the wrong ID as key to one of the functions. I switched (almost) everywhere in my code from using browser ID as key to using frame ID as key, and this caused a more correct flow in case of using IFRAMEs.
itaibh
Techie

Return to Support Forum