Enable Screen Reading CEFClient

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Enable Screen Reading CEFClient

Postby vinay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:38 am

Hi
I've embedded CEF in one of my application. when i try to use JAWS or microsoft narrator for screen reading the cefclient simply doesn't support it.

I'm using CEF3 in my application and i tried building the cefclient and directly run it to see if it supports accessibility(screen reading).

I even tried --force-renderer-accessibility command line parameter for the cefclient (actual command: cefclient.exe --force-renderer-accessibility) but the screen reading was still not working in my cefclient

Any pointers would be helpful as i need this feature with CE embedded in my application.

I'm using 1916 version of CEf3 (/branches/1916/cef3).
I used windows Inspect tool to test the cefclient accessible data. I got error "Error: calling getter for this property: hr=0x80004001 - Not Implemented."

thanks
vinay

Re: Enable Screen Reading CEFClient

Postby vinay » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:23 am

Is there anyone who can help me with my query. this is really important

If the question is not clear please let me know and i can explain it in a better way.
vinay

Re: Enable Screen Reading CEFClient

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:31 am

It works for me when using the Accessibilty Viewer tool. I don't have a license for JAWS so I can't test that. See http://www.chromium.org/developers/acce ... essibility.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum