New cef branch 2062

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: New cef branch 2062

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 am

2062 on Linux adds both Aura and the new OSR implementation. Aura is in general more resource hungry then the pre-Aura implementation.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: New cef branch 2062

Postby DOCaCola » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:00 am

i could observe the performance drop in windows 7 (32bit) running within a Parallels virtual machine. That virtual machine is hardware accelerated. The cef-osr is displayed in a 3d environment (d3d9) that is otherwise rendered in a constant high fps rate.
The non-GPU accelerated version displayed absolutely smooth, while the new OSR implementation is sluggish. To note that i only display quite simple html there with some CSS.
I have made a similar observation when i was trying the GPU accelerated version on a dedicated Windows 8.1 (64bit) machine with a Geforce 680GTX. However that was with one of the first builds that featuring the new GPU acceleration, not sure if there were changes afterwards that could have improved that issue.
DOCaCola

Previous

Return to Support Forum