Seperate subprocess

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Seperate subprocess

Postby me12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:36 am

Hi guys, I am trying to get the seperated subprocess functionality to work.

1. I don't want to use the command line argument parameter "--browser-subprocess-path=something.exe" and rather define it in my sourcecode. So I figured there is a "settings.browser_subprocess_path" yet, the settings are only used for CefInitialize() and not CefExecuteProcess(). But as far as I know, CefExecuteProcess() calls the subprocess.exe file. So, I wonder if I am missing something or what is the point in that setting then?

2. If one can't use the CEFSettings to set the the subprocess executable, I wonder what another way to solve this would be? Using CefMainArgs.AttachTo()? If so, could you give me an example on how to use that? (Because I have no idea what "CefStructBase::struct_type& source" exactly is.)

3. Is it correct that seperate subprocesses only work without the sandbox enabled?
me12
Techie

Re: Seperate subprocess

Postby Czarek » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:37 am

CefInitialize launches subprocesses. CefExecuteProcess executes for the subprocess when --type=gpu-process|renderer|.. flag is passed. To disable sandbox #define CEF_ENABLE_SANDBOX 0.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum