cefclient.gyp

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

cefclient.gyp

Postby JeffryBooher » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:41 am

Hello,

Somewhere between 1750 and 2171, cefclient.gyp changed to include the following:

'actions': [
{
'action_name': 'copy_resources',
'msvs_cygwin_shell': 0,
'inputs': [],
'outputs': [
'<(PRODUCT_DIR)/copy_resources.stamp',
],
'action': [
'xcopy /efy',
'Resources\*',
'$(OutDir)',
],
},
{
'action_name': 'copy_executables',
'<(PRODUCT_DIR)/copy_executables.stamp',
],
'xcopy /efy',
'$(ConfigurationName)\*.exe',
'$(OutDir)',
],
},
{
'action_name': 'copy_libraries',
'<(PRODUCT_DIR)/copy_libraries.stamp',
],
'xcopy /efy',
'$(ConfigurationName)\*.dll',
'$(OutDir)',
],
},
],

Since we add more stuff to the project, we have our own gyp file that generates the Visual Studio and XCode projects for Brackets. We're using chromium gyp version 2003 and it is rendering the "xcopy /efy" from above as "xcopy \efy" in the vcxproj file because the script is converting all forward slashes to backslashes in the rendered output.

So, how is cefclient.vcxproj/cefsimple.vcxproj getting fixed because the included vcxproj files have the corrected "/efy" switches?

When I run cefclient.gyp (or the Brackets gyp with the change from above) through gyp, the vcxproj files are rendered with "xcopy \efy" commands which is invalid. My guess is there is post-script somewhere, I hope, that transforms "xcopy \efy" to "xcopy /efy" in the output files but I'm not finding it in the cef distribution for 2171.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff Booher
brackets.io
JeffryBooher
Techie

Re: cefclient.gyp

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:05 pm

JeffryBooher wrote:So, how is cefclient.vcxproj/cefsimple.vcxproj getting fixed because the included vcxproj files have the corrected "/efy" switches?

It's currently fixed in make_distrib.py. Also, be aware that the CEF binary distribution is moving from GYP to CMake and that the GYP files will likely be deleted in the near future (see https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... il?id=1404).
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: cefclient.gyp

Postby JeffryBooher » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Yeah I noticed the new CMake Files :) Thanks for the heads up!
JeffryBooher
Techie

Return to Support Forum