OSX: Generating <appname>\ Helper.app files

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

OSX: Generating <appname>\ Helper.app files

Postby IiIiIiI » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm trying to set up a project using xcode. Basically so far I've just created a new application target within the cefclient project. Everything is compiling ok but I get this error because I don't have any of the three <appname>\ Helper.app files needed:

Code: Select all
LaunchProcess: failed to execvp:
/Users/me/dev/prototyping/xcode/xcodebuild/Debug/prototyping.app/Contents/Frameworks/prototyping Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/prototyping Helper
LaunchProcess: failed to execvp:
/Users/me/dev/prototyping/xcode/xcodebuild/Debug/prototyping.app/Contents/Frameworks/prototyping Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/prototyping Helper

I'm just wondering how to generate these as I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
IiIiIiI
Techie

Re: OSX: Generating <appname>\ Helper.app files

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:47 pm

See the README.txt file included in the binary distribution for a description of where the helpers come from. You can also look at the CMake files included with newer binary distributions.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: OSX: Generating <appname>\ Helper.app files

Postby IiIiIiI » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:58 pm

magreenblatt wrote:See the README.txt file included in the binary distribution for a description of where the helpers come from. You can also look at the CMake files included with newer binary distributions.

Thanks, I actually just figured it out. I ended up just duplicating the cefclient helper and replacing the Compile sources with the files from my app.
IiIiIiI
Techie

Return to Support Forum