CEF official golang support

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF official golang support

Postby hangglide » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:15 am

Hello to all, I'm sorry for the mistakes I've made - I'm from Russia.
I think I'm not the first one that offer something like "CEF go support", but still.. At the moment it is impossible to build any stable application using CEF, because there is almost no documentation. The only project that is intended for Go's CEF bindings is https://github.com/CzarekTomczak/cef2go. However as you can see there is absolutely no support (no one activity for 10 months - it seems like project going to be freezed).
What do you think about?
hangglide

Re: CEF official golang support

Postby Czarek » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:56 am

If you look at the commits, the CEF2go forum and the issue tracker then you will see that support is and was active for the last year. I answer to any issues/questions usually the same day. If by "no support" you mean lack of new features being developed, then yeah there weren't any new features added to the main repo since February. People have been adding much new stuff in their own repos (some are mentioned in README), but no pull requests have been submitted till this day.

Regarding CEF documentation - see tutorials on the CEF wiki pages and doc comments in header files in the include/ directory. On CEF wiki pages almost all applies to C++ API, there isn't much for C API. The last time I checked it wasn't possible to use C++ API in Go lang (cross-platform). It might have changed, but it still wouldn't be that great, as SWIG provides access to C++ using procedural API.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby hangglide » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks for quick response. It is cool that creator of the project have seen this message.
People have been adding much new stuff in their own repos (some are mentioned in README), but no pull requests have been submitted till this day

May be they forgot that it's important to do it? May be they need to be reminded!? :)

On CEF wiki pages almost all applies to C++ API, there isn't much for C API. The last time I checked it wasn't possible to use C++ API in Go lang (cross-platform). It might have changed, but it still wouldn't be that great, as SWIG provides access to C++ using procedural API.

Can you give me some links? I've heard about CEF the first time from your project) so I don't know much about CEF and its details in general. May be in your readme need to add some more information for the newbies like me (something like "introduction to CEF")? It is not obviously at the beginning that we can native C++ API.

Regarding CEF documentation - see tutorials on the CEF wiki pages and doc comments in header files in the include/ directory.

I try to dig into this subject better)
hangglide

Postby Czarek » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:21 pm

See CEF wiki pages here: https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/w/list . Start with Architecture / General Usage / Tutorial / Javascript integration wiki pages.

Regarding using C++ API in Go see Issue #4: https://github.com/CzarekTomczak/cef2go/issues/4
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum