Problems with linking CEF3

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Problems with linking CEF3

Postby gbaltare » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm having some problems with using CEF in my application which uses the MD/MDd runtime library linking.

I have downloaded the latest build of CEF3 from cefbuilds.com and followed the instructions How to link CEF against a different run-time library.

I have built the "libcef_dll_wrapper" project after changing "Runtime Library" to "/MD" and turning the treat warnings as errors flag off. Then I linked the resulting "libcef_dll_wrapper.lib" binary to my project.

However, when I try to build my project I get the following errors:

MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl CefShutdow
n(void)" (?CefShutdown@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual bool _
_thiscall MMWebAppController::PreInit(void)" (?PreInit@MMWebAppController@@MAE_N
XZ)
MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl CefRunMess
ageLoop(void)" (?CefRunMessageLoop@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "protected: vi
rtual bool __thiscall MMWebAppController::PreInit(void)" (?PreInit@MMWebAppContr
oller@@MAE_NXZ)
MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl CefInitial
ize(class CefMainArgs const &,class CefStructBase<struct CefSettingsTraits> cons
t &,class CefRefPtr<class CefApp>,void *)" (?CefInitialize@@YA_NABVCefMainArgs@@
ABV?$CefStructBase@UCefSettingsTraits@@@@V?$CefRefPtr@VCefApp@@@@PAX@Z) referenc
ed in function "protected: virtual bool __thiscall MMWebAppController::PreInit(v
oid)" (?PreInit@MMWebAppController@@MAE_NXZ)
MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static bool __c
decl CefBrowserHost::CreateBrowser(class CefWindowInfo const &,class CefRefPtr<c
lass CefClient>,class CefStringBase<struct CefStringTraitsUTF16> const &,class C
efStructBase<struct CefBrowserSettingsTraits> const &,class CefRefPtr<class CefR
equestContext>)" (?CreateBrowser@CefBrowserHost@@SA_NABVCefWindowInfo@@V?$CefRef
Ptr@VCefClient@@@@ABV?$CefStringBase@UCefStringTraitsUTF16@@@@ABV?$CefStructBase
@UCefBrowserSettingsTraits@@@@V?$CefRefPtr@VCefRequestContext@@@@@Z) referenced
in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SimpleApp::OnContextInitialized(voi
d)" (?OnContextInitialized@SimpleApp@@UAEXXZ)
MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class Ce
fRefPtr<class CefCommandLine> __cdecl CefCommandLine::GetGlobalCommandLine(void)
" (?GetGlobalCommandLine@CefCommandLine@@SA?AV?$CefRefPtr@VCefCommandLine@@@@XZ)
referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SimpleApp::OnContextIni
tialized(void)" (?OnContextInitialized@SimpleApp@@UAEXXZ)
MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __
thiscall SimpleHandler::OnTitleChange(class CefRefPtr<class CefBrowser>,class Ce
fStringBase<struct CefStringTraitsUTF16> const &)" (?OnTitleChange@SimpleHandler
@@UAEXV?$CefRefPtr@VCefBrowser@@@@ABV?$CefStringBase@UCefStringTraitsUTF16@@@@@Z
)
MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl CefQuitMes
sageLoop(void)" (?CefQuitMessageLoop@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "public: vir
tual void __thiscall SimpleHandler::OnBeforeClose(class CefRefPtr<class CefBrows
er>)" (?OnBeforeClose@SimpleHandler@@UAEXV?$CefRefPtr@VCefBrowser@@@@@Z)
MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl CefPostTas
k(enum cef_thread_id_t,class CefRefPtr<class CefTask>)" (?CefPostTask@@YA_NW4cef
_thread_id_t@@V?$CefRefPtr@VCefTask@@@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void
__thiscall SimpleHandler::CloseAllBrowsers(bool)" (?CloseAllBrowsers@SimpleHandl
er@@QAEX_N@Z)
MM03700.OBJ : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl CefCurrent
lyOn(enum cef_thread_id_t)" (?CefCurrentlyOn@@YA_NW4cef_thread_id_t@@@Z) referen
ced in function "public: void __thiscall SimpleHandler::CloseAllBrowsers(bool)"
(?CloseAllBrowsers@SimpleHandler@@QAEX_N@Z)
MM037.DLL : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\
VC\BIN\LINK.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
gbaltare

Re: Problems with linking CEF3

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:37 pm

gbaltare wrote:Then I linked the resulting "libcef_dll_wrapper.lib" binary to my project.

The error messages suggest that you're not actually linking libcef_dll_wrapper.lib, or that the libcef_dll_wrapper.lib you're linking does not contain the necessary CEF objects.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Problems with linking CEF3

Postby gbaltare » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:48 pm

magreenblatt wrote:
gbaltare wrote:Then I linked the resulting "libcef_dll_wrapper.lib" binary to my project.

The error messages suggest that you're not actually linking libcef_dll_wrapper.lib, or that the libcef_dll_wrapper.lib you're linking does not contain the necessary CEF objects.

Thanks. It turns out the problem was that the linker was finding a different file named "libcef_dll_wrapper.lib" than I was expecting.
gbaltare

Return to Support Forum