Any way to accomplish this specific CEF integration?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Any way to accomplish this specific CEF integration?

Postby jskellymobile » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:09 pm

I am new to CEF but I've been working on a POC to try and meet some requirements. Here they are:

C# DLL with WPF parent window using HwndHost hosting a created Win32 window (to host CEF browser) -->
(input is parent HWND from C# DLL) CEF C++ wrapper DLL with a few exports for use as a simple API -->
creates CEF3 browser control

This isn't working and I'm quite sure it's due to having different UI threads and I want to see if there is any possible way to have the same "layering" and get it to all work together.

Put more simply, I am wanting to create a managed DLL to call a C++ DLL to create the CEF browser in a window provided by the managed DLL.

Thank you for any assistance.
jskellymobile

Re: Any way to accomplish this specific CEF integration?

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Have you looked at the existing .Net wrappers? https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... l_Projects
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Any way to accomplish this specific CEF integration?

Postby jskellymobile » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Yes, thank you for the reply. We settled on CefGlue due to the .NET 3.5 usage for a broader deployment.

From an architecture standpoint, can you see any issues with not having an EXE but having a .NET 3.5 DLL API that opens a WPF window hosting the CEF3 browser? I can get it to work in an EXE (App class, etc.) but I was hoping to get it to work as an API to be called from different clients (Win32/MFC, WPF, etc.).

I've tried many many things to get it to work by having a DLL launch the EXE, using separate AppDomains, etc. etc. to no avail. I want to be able to call back in to tell the browser to load a new page from another location, as many times as needed.

Thanks much,
jskellymobile
jskellymobile

Return to Support Forum