Font rendering in MultiProcess and SingleProcess

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Font rendering in MultiProcess and SingleProcess

Postby arvelius » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:42 am

Hello,

I created a test page at http://tombam.cz/test.html which uses Segoe UI Semilight font. Neither Google Chrome or the Cef sample won't display it correctly, however if I set Cef sample to run in single process mode, the font is correct. Do you have any idea why it behaves in this way? I always thought that Single/Multi process modes do not affect the rendered output.
arvelius
Techie

Re: Font rendering in MultiProcess and SingleProcess

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Many things differ between single and multi-threaded run mode, but perhaps it's related to the sandbox? Try running in multi-process mode with the `--no-sandbox` command-line flag.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby arvelius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:29 am

Thank you for the answer. I'm actually running without sandbox - it was one of the things I tried, but besides of that, I have no other idea how I could fix that, because it is quite a serious problem for me. And I suppose that 'resolving' it by running in a single-process is not a good idea.
arvelius
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Where is it supposed to load "Segoe UI Semilight" from? Maybe it can't find it? Try using @font-face.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby arvelius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Well I would understand it if the font wouldn't be present on the system. But it is. And moreover, I cannot affect the rendered html.
I would even understand it if the font would be never correctly displayed, but it came strange to me that it's fine in singleprocess...
arvelius
Techie

Return to Support Forum