New OSR method?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

New OSR method?

Postby Salamanderrake » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:39 pm

How do I enable offscreen rendering with the new system, it was previously done with SetAsOffScreen and for SetTransparentPainting for transparency painting? Also will there be an upgrade guide to show how to transition an older release build to the newer release with all the changes?
Salamanderrake

Re: New OSR method?

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:26 pm

The method is now called SetAsWindowless(). What old version are you upgrading from?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Salamanderrake » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:35 am

From this version, 1750.1805. On the project I am working on I get a GL_NO_ERROR after this line in the project, glGenTextures(1, &ShaderResource); . I haven't had a chance to dig into the code and see where its actually failing but it only happens when CEF3 is enabled. I am just hoping you have seed this before.

!!EDIT!!
also are there any command line arguments that need to be passed to cef3? this project has arguments disabled and I was wondering if that would not cause this issue.

Also if this fails --> CefInitialize <-- is there a way to get information on why it failed?

And is cefclient needed to get this working?
Salamanderrake

Postby Salamanderrake » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:25 am

I get this when compiling the static libcef_dll_wrapper.a file

Code: Select all
make
Scanning dependencies of target libcef_dll_wrapper
[  1%] Building CXX object libcef_dll/CMakeFiles/libcef_dll_wrapper.dir/wrapper/libcef_dll_wrapper.cc.o
Linking CXX static library libcef_dll_wrapper.a
[ 78%] Built target libcef_dll_wrapper
[ 79%] Building CXX object cefclient/CMakeFiles/cefclient.dir/test_runner.cc.o
/home/salamanderrake/UnrealEngine_master/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/CEF3/cef_binary_3.2272.2029_linux64/cefclient/test_runner.cc:19:32: fatal error: cefclient/resource.h: No such file or directory
 #include "cefclient/resource.h"
                                ^
compilation terminated.
cefclient/CMakeFiles/cefclient.dir/build.make:422: recipe for target 'cefclient/CMakeFiles/cefclient.dir/test_runner.cc.o' failed
make[2]: *** [cefclient/CMakeFiles/cefclient.dir/test_runner.cc.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:125: recipe for target 'cefclient/CMakeFiles/cefclient.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [cefclient/CMakeFiles/cefclient.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:75: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Salamanderrake

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:07 pm

Salamanderrake wrote:also are there any command line arguments that need to be passed to cef3? this project has arguments disabled and I was wondering if that would not cause this issue.

Also if this fails --> CefInitialize <-- is there a way to get information on why it failed?

And is cefclient needed to get this working?

There are no specific command-line arguments required though depending on your use case you might want to pass `--disable-gpu --disable-gpu-compositing --enable-begin-frame-scheduling` (see https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... il?id=1368). Starting with the cefclient sample application is a good way to understand what's required to get OSR working.

Salamanderrake wrote:I get this when compiling the static libcef_dll_wrapper.a file

Code: Select all
/home/salamanderrake/UnrealEngine_master/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/CEF3/cef_binary_3.2272.2029_linux64/cefclient/test_runner.cc:19:32: fatal error: cefclient/resource.h: No such file or directory
 #include "cefclient/resource.h"

This is already filed as https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... il?id=1539. You can get a copy of the file from https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... resource.h.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum