Preferred way of recieving code fixes?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Preferred way of recieving code fixes?

Postby rassilon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:54 pm

What's your preferred way of receiving patches?
Would you rather have them as patch files on issues, or pull requests against BitBucket, or.... ?
What is required to simplify your pain of accepting the patch? (i.e. from a testing perspective) If you'd prefer tests to make your life easier, does CEF have any existing integrated tests that drive the web UI, or is it all currently unit tests and web pages you just test manually?

I ask, because I'd love to get the fixes for issues 760 and 1387 into the 2171 branch if possible.

Thanks,
Bill
rassilon

Re: Preferred way of recieving code fixes?

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:43 pm

rassilon wrote:What's your preferred way of receiving patches?

See https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/#Helping_Out.

rassilon wrote:What is required to simplify your pain of accepting the patch? (i.e. from a testing perspective) If you'd prefer tests to make your life easier, does CEF have any existing integrated tests that drive the web UI, or is it all currently unit tests and web pages you just test manually?

All changes should have unit tests if it's possible to write them.

rassilon wrote:I ask, because I'd love to get the fixes for issues 760 and 1387 into the 2171 branch if possible.

You could help with issue 760 be performing a local build and confirming that the patch proposed in comment #12 fixes the problem for you. Branch 2171 is currently considered stable and as such will only receive fixes for serious bugs (crashers, etc).
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum