What does CefPopupFeatures relate to ?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

What does CefPopupFeatures relate to ?

Postby TomDigitale » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:38 am

Hello,

I'm trying to open popup in my CEF3 off-screen-rendered application and I'm stuck with popupFeatures.
I use window.open() to open popups, which triggers "OnBeforePopup" correctly.
I try to use "const CefPopupFeatures& popupFeatures" parameter from OnBeforePopup, and every parameters seems to be related with window.open parameters, except for popupFeatures.resizable and popupFeatures.dialog.

So if I use this:
Code: Select all
window.open("http://www.w3schools.com", "_blank", "toolbar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes, top=500, left=500, width=400, height=400");

Top and left are related to x and y, width and height are related to popupFeature's width and height, but "resizable=yes" is not related to popupFeatures.resizable, and I can't see where dialog could be.
Due to the lack of documentation about popupFeatures, I can't see how to set those parameters when opening a popup.

I also noticed what w3c says about these features:
The third argument, features, has no defined effect and is mentioned for historical reasons only. User agents may interpret this argument as instructions to set the size and position of the browsing context, but are encouraged to instead ignore the argument entirely.

So maybe I'm missing something and I should not use this third parameter, but then how can I set my popup size/width and those other parameters ?

I'm currently using Windows 8 64, CEF 2272.

Thanks.
TomDigitale
Techie

Re: What does CefPopupFeatures relate to ?

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:58 pm

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum