Unable to run the Release binaries from any other location

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Unable to run the Release binaries from any other location

Postby awanthika » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi All,

I have downloaded cef_binary_3.2171.2069_linux64.7z, and built it in Release mode. It runs fine when executed from the out folder as ./cefsimple. But when I copy the Release binaries to some other location (the complee Release folder) and execute ./cefsimple it fails giving the error

FATAL:setuid_sandbox_client.cc(282)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /home/awanthika/Desktop/temp/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.

What is the cause of this error?
awanthika

Re: Unable to run the Release binaries from any other locati

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:34 pm

awanthika wrote:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_client.cc(282)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /home/awanthika/Desktop/temp/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.

This error message seems pretty self-explanatory. What are the permissions on this file?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Unable to run the Release binaries from any other locati

Postby awanthika » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:16 pm

I tried setting permission as requested by the error log, that did not work. Then i went through a post and ran it with this argument --disable-setuid-sandbox, it worked for me
awanthika

Return to Support Forum