Question about cef builds

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Question about cef builds

Postby wborgsm » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:02 am

Hello,

since the release of the 3.2171.1979 binaries on the download page, the 2171 branch has evolved up to 3.2171.2069 on cefbuilds.com.

I guess the download page shows the first release of a branch considered stable for production. There you write the "download page is updated approximately once per release branch".

So once a set of binaries is released for a given branch, newer revisions don't make it onto the download page. I think those newer revisions may contain important fixes, but on the other hand, you write "Automated builds may not be fully tested and should be used with caution".

So my question is: for production, would you recommend embedders to stick with the newest version on the download page (currently 3.2171.1979) or update to the newest revision of the same branch from cefbuilds.com (currently 3.2171.2069)?
wborgsm
Techie

Re: Question about cef builds

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:07 pm

wborgsm wrote:So my question is: for production, would you recommend embedders to stick with the newest version on the download page (currently 3.2171.1979) or update to the newest revision of the same branch from cefbuilds.com (currently 3.2171.2069)?

You can use the newest build from cefbuilds.com for the same branch. However, as with any update you should test it with your application to verify that there are no problems.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby rassilon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:48 pm

I see that a 2069 build of the 2171 branch hasn't occurred for Windows yet on cefbuilds.com.

It would be awesome if someone could take care of that.

Thanks,
Bill
rassilon

Postby wborgsm » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:23 am

magreenblatt wrote:You can use the newest build from cefbuilds.com for the same branch. However, as with any update you should test it with your application to verify that there are no problems.

Thank you, I'll go for it.
wborgsm
Techie

Postby arvelius » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:45 pm

I have a question related to this topic: After migration to Bitbucket it seems that the new revisions are not available for download from cefbuilds. Do you plan to fix the automatic builds or do I have to build it manually from source?
arvelius
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:56 am

arvelius wrote:I have a question related to this topic: After migration to Bitbucket it seems that the new revisions are not available for download from cefbuilds. Do you plan to fix the automatic builds or do I have to build it manually from source?

Automatic builds are working again. They should start showing up over the next few days.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum