Weird Combo Box Behavior with TOPMOST Flag

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Weird Combo Box Behavior with TOPMOST Flag

Postby mauricioconst » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi!

I'm developing a solution based on CEF. In certain cases I need that my popups appear with the window flag TOPMOST, so the popup never goes behind the main Window. Initially I used the function SetWindowPos and the Flag HWND_TOPMOST, and it worked. Recently after visiting a Web Page with a combo box control, I noticed that the itens from the combo box didn't appear at all. After some digging, I discovered that the itens were appearing, but behind the popup Window. I don't really know if this is really a CEF problem, so I went to cefbuilds.com and downloaded the codes from Branches 2272 and 2171. I altered both codes, so during the creation of the main Window, I used CreateWindowsEx with the flag WS_EX_TOPMOST (instead of the original CreateWindow). After visiting some pages with combo boxes i could see the behavior is the same, the itens in the combo box appear behind the main Window.

I tested this behavior in Windows XP and 7. With both versions 2272.2035 and 2171.2039.

There is something that can be done in this case, so the itens appear correctly in the Screen?

I've attached a image, where this problem happens. I had to resize the Window so that i could show the items appearing behind the Window

Thanks in Advance!
Attachments
combo_box_Evidence.png
combo_box_Evidence.png (113.94 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
mauricioconst

Re: Weird Combo Box Behavior with TOPMOST Flag

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:12 pm

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum