SelectClientCertificate at the CefClient level

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

SelectClientCertificate at the CefClient level

Postby sdnorton » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:44 am

Hello,

Our project is currently using a 1650 windows build of CEF and we have run into problems with loading resources from servers that ask for ssl client certificates as part of a login operation from client browsers. It has been mentioned in other posts that implementing full support for client certificates is complicated and expensive and there is currently no plan to deliver this functionality.

In our project, we are fine with telling the server that there are no client certificates available in the browser machine so that the request does not hang. Our application will then prompt for user name and password.

In other posts there is very useful information pointing to how we can answer the prompt by implementing ContentBrowserClient::SelectClientCertificate at the chromium level or overriding this at the libcef level by providing CefContentBrowserClient::SelectClientCertificate. However, is there any way that this can be handled at the CefClient or application level so that I can avoid altering any lower level code?

Apologies if this question seems trivial, but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am trying to ramp up on all the interactions between the different layers, but have not yet gotten 2272 to build successfully on windows so most of my understanding is from reading these forum posts and quick searches thru the code. I have not been able to debug through anything to help my understanding.

Thank you very much for any further guidance on this topic.
Steve
sdnorton

Re: SelectClientCertificate at the CefClient level

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:36 am

This functionality does not exist, but I've created https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ficate-ssl to track it.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: SelectClientCertificate at the CefClient level

Postby sdnorton » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:30 pm

Thank you.

I will proceed with my attempt to hack CefContentBrowserClient::SelectClientCertificate to ignore any local certificates then until this can be implemented properly.

Cheers
Steve
sdnorton

Return to Support Forum