How to copy cefclient.exe

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

How to copy cefclient.exe

Postby lkitrossky » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:29 am

Hi! I can build cefclient.exe in folder like C:\software\CEF\chromium\src\out\Release and it runs. Now I am taking the executable and copy it into another empty folder path\New Folder. While trying to run it there is a demand for libsef.dll. I copy the DLL into the same folder, but still the executable fails to run, a MS error message box appears "Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Cleint Application has stopped working.". In the folder appears debug.log file with the following contents:

[0426/151516:ERROR:icu_util.cc(152)] Couldn't mmap path\New folder\icudtl.dat
[0426/151516:FATAL:content_main_runner.cc(691)] Check failed: base::i18n::InitializeICU().

Even if I try to copy all contents of out\Release into New Folder it does not help. So, how can I use cefcleint.exe in another place? What must be added? Thanks, Levi
lkitrossky
Mentor

Re: How to copy cefclient.exe

Postby dapu92 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:02 am

It must work, are you sure you have copied all files which are outputted in out/Release folder ? icudtl.dat ,libcef.dll, two .pak files, ffmpeg.dll, d3d etc. also language packs folder ?
dapu92

Re: How to copy cefclient.exe

Postby lkitrossky » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:48 am

Succeeded in the following way: copied all the folder and then removed most of it. It wiould be good to have an exact list what really needed for this EXE to run. I'd suppose DLL, but did not expect DAT and PAK files. Thanks, Levi

One must always look into debug.log. It says if something is missing and sometimes even what is missing. The fact that the application runs is not enough. The list of files used by EXE all from release folder is: several DLL files, several PAK files, two BIN files, one DAT file (icudtl.dat) and folder "locales" with 53 PAK files.
lkitrossky
Mentor

Return to Support Forum