Version info

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Version info

Postby lkitrossky » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:33 am

Hi! Version info was missing on EXE in our project. I added
Code: Select all
VS_VERSION_INFO VERSIONINFO
block in RC file of our project, now right click on EXE and Properties->Details show the version, which company etc. (We are working in Windows as you see.)
But how to increment the version on every build? We can write a Python script to run as a pre-build event, this Python will open RC file and update it. But it seems clumsy.
I see that there is make_version_header.py, gclient_hook.py, also cef,gyp refers some version.py, revision.py and "@MAJOR@.@MINOR@.@BUILD@.@PATCH@"
In other RC files there are CEF_VERSION_MAJOR and similar.

But I am still in dark, how to use cef.gyp and other parts of framework to update our version automatically on every build in our project?
Thanks, Levi
lkitrossky
Mentor

Re: Version info

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:40 am

Where is your version number coming from? Is it based on a revision control system, or do you want a number that increments on every build? In either case you will likely need a pre-build step that runs a script which generates a header file with the version number.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby lkitrossky » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:25 pm

OK, I understand we must do it ourselves, but tell, please, how to put orebuild into cef.gyp? I tried msvs_prebuild, msvs_postbuild, PreBuildEvent, PostBuildEvent. Every time line
Code: Select all
../build/gyp_chromium cef.gyp -I cef.gypi

returns a warning "unrecognized"
As far as I understand MS projects is created from cef.gyp via Python script and ninja, so how to write it correctly, please? Thanks, Levi
lkitrossky
Mentor

Postby lkitrossky » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:36 am

It seems the solution is in using in RC file include on cef_version.h, like in cefclient.rc
lkitrossky
Mentor

Return to Support Forum