ArrayBuffer

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

ArrayBuffer

Postby PetrCBR » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:24 am

Is it possible to create a better support for ArrayBuffer in native ? Something like CefV8Value->getNewArrayBuffer(256) and developer can use it (fill data) and return from a method to JS ?
PetrCBR
Techie

Re: ArrayBuffer

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:36 pm

See https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... pport/diff for a proposed change to implement this functionality.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby knowleech » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:23 am

Hi, I am also interested in direct, native ArrayBuffer access. What I basically plan to do is to "stream" large amounts of binary data (which I can easily make available in the rendering process) into JavaScript, and finally into GPU memory objects within a WebGL application. Thus, accessing an ArrayBuffer would be simply perfect.

Well, the original branch is declined/dead, and I have found nothing on that topic after 2014/2015.

Are there current plans to support native ArrayBuffer access?
I am interested and willing to provide code/a patch myself. So if there are no current plans, I could make an issue/branch and prepare something, or I could reuse/revive the old issue/branch. What would you prefer?
knowleech

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:45 am

Using the network stack is preferred for passing large data. See https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... t-handling
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby knowleech » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:41 am

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am not (yet) convinced, but I will try your suggestion and I will make some experiments and take measurements.
(overall speed and interaction latency timings for my application)
I will write my findings here as soon as have them.
knowleech

Return to Support Forum