OnPreKeyEvent not fired / can't quit in FullScreenMode

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

OnPreKeyEvent not fired / can't quit in FullScreenMode

Postby bruth » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:43 am

Good morning,

I'm having a bit of a time. Trying to step in and assist while a colleague is OOO and I'm not having any luck trying to figure out why I'm not able to cmd-Q our Mac CEF application. We have an OnPreKeyEvent that doesn't get triggered when in full-screen mode, but does when I disable launching into full-screen mode. I get the "beep" from OS X indicating no handler is associated with that key combo ... but I can't figure out what about full-screen mode is disabling cmd-Q. We enter full-screen like so:

Code: Select all
        NSApplicationPresentationOptions options = [NSApp presentationOptions];
        options |=
        NSApplicationPresentationHideDock |
        NSApplicationPresentationHideMenuBar |
        NSApplicationPresentationDisableAppleMenu |
        NSApplicationPresentationDisableProcessSwitching |
        NSApplicationPresentationFullScreen;
        NSDictionary *fullScreenOptions = @{NSFullScreenModeApplicationPresentationOptions: @(options)};
        [window_.contentView enterFullScreenMode:[NSScreen mainScreen] withOptions:fullScreenOptions];

I've considered that 'DisableAppleMenu' - which is where the cmd-Q / Quit menu entry lives, may be at fault, but removing this doesn't appear to make a difference. We were previously using CEF 1750 and I'm trying to get the App updated to CEF 2357, and this particular issue is my biggest problem at the moment. Any idea what things may have changed that would impact this?

Thanks in advance!
Brice Ruth
bruth
Techie

Return to Support Forum