which .pak files do I really need to deploy?(red scrollbars)

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

which .pak files do I really need to deploy?(red scrollbars)

Postby jep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:18 pm

From
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ?at=master

I thought I could not distribute any PAK files at all since we're deploying to US users and users aren't going to be using any of the inspector stuff. It says "Contains WebKit image and inspector resources". But then I found when I'm missing the paks or disable pak loading, I get red scrollbars like this.

Is it that I'm misreading the wording and "Webkit image resources" is a thing completely apart from inspector stuff (would make sense). And these image resources are what's used in drawing the scrollbar?

I've found that if I use the smaller cef_100_percent.pak the problem goes away. Are there any other problems this might cause in various UI bits? What should cef_200_percent.pak be used for? Either I'm just sucking at searching, or there's really not a whole lot of public discussion of these files. Or both, I suppose.
jep
Techie

Re: which .pak files do I really need to deploy?(red scrollb

Postby amaitland » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 pm

jep wrote:I thought I could not distribute any PAK files at all since we're deploying to US users and users aren't going to be using any of the inspector stuff. It says "Contains WebKit image and inspector resources". But then I found when I'm missing the paks or disable pak loading, I get red scrollbars like this.

There was a time when that was true. I think it changed around 2062 from memory. You basically can't disable pak loading and use scroll bars
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby jep » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. So I'm loading cef_100_percent.pak and leaving pak loading enabled. Will there be anything else that breaks because I'm missing cef.pak, the locales paks or cef_200_percent.pak?
jep
Techie

Postby jep » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:08 pm

For posterity's sake: if you don't include cef_200_percent.pak, you may get red scrollbars when the system is set to 150% scaling under the display settings.
jep
Techie

Return to Support Forum