Compilation error: Warning threated as error

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Compilation error: Warning threated as error

Postby thenawaker » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:47 am

Unfortunately, no change :(
thenawaker
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:28 am

The current 2454 branch binary distribution builds successfully for me in VS2013 Update 4 and the VS2015 build errors have been fixed in https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/1692. Make sure you've applied all updates to your VS2013 version.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby thenawaker » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:03 pm

Indeed, everything builds correctly despite the large number of warnings , but I guess that 's normal.

Thank you for your reply :)
thenawaker
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:11 pm

thenawaker wrote:Indeed, everything builds correctly despite the large number of warnings , but I guess that 's normal.

What warnings are you still seeing? With what VS version (including any updates)?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby thenawaker » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi :)

I use Visual Studio 2013 Express ( with update 5) and here's the list of warnings I get when compiling
Code: Select all
4>cef_sandbox.lib(sandbox.acl.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'sandbox.cc.pdb' n'a pu être trouvé avec 'cef_sandbox.lib(sandbox.acl.obj)' ou sur 'D:\Developpement\Project\C++\cef\build\cefsimple\Debug\sandbox.cc.pdb' ; l'objet sera lié sans informations de débogage
4>cef_sandbox.lib(dynamic_annotations.dynamic_annotations.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'dynamic_annotations.c.pdb' n'a pu être trouvé avec 'cef_sandbox.lib(dynamic_annotations.dynamic_annotations.obj)' ou sur 'D:\Developpement\Project\C++\cef\build\cefsimple\Debug\dynamic_annotations.c.pdb' ; l'objet sera lié sans informations de débogage
4>cef_sandbox.lib(cef_sandbox.sandbox_win.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'cef_sandbox.cc.pdb' n'a pu être trouvé avec 'cef_sandbox.lib(cef_sandbox.sandbox_win.obj)' ou sur 'D:\Developpement\Project\C++\cef\build\cefsimple\Debug\cef_sandbox.cc.pdb' ; l'objet sera lié sans informations de débogage
4>cef_sandbox.lib(base_static.pe_image.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'base_static.cc.pdb' n'a pu être trouvé avec 'cef_sandbox.lib(base_static.pe_image.obj)' ou sur 'D:\Developpement\Project\C++\cef\build\cefsimple\Debug\base_static.cc.pdb' ; l'objet sera lié sans informations de débogage
4>cef_sandbox.lib(base_static.base_switches.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'base_static.cc.pdb' n'a pu être trouvé avec 'cef_sandbox.lib(base_static.base_switches.obj)' ou sur 'D:\Developpement\Project\C++\cef\build\cefsimple\Debug\base_static.cc.pdb' ; l'objet sera lié sans informations de débogage
4>cef_sandbox.lib(base_static.precompile.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'base_static.cc.pdb' n'a pu être trouvé avec 'cef_sandbox.lib(base_static.precompile.obj)' ou sur 'D:\Developpement\Project\C++\cef\build\cefsimple\Debug\base_static.cc.pdb' ; l'objet sera lié sans informations de débogage
4>cef_sandbox.lib(base.winheap_dump_provider_win.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'base.cc.pdb' n'a pu être trouvé avec 'cef_sandbox.lib(base.winheap_dump_provider_win.obj)' ou sur 'D:\Developpement\Project\C++\cef\build\cefsimple\Debug\base.cc.pdb' ; l'objet sera lié sans informations de débogage
(i know it's in french but VS2013 Express doesn't support multilanguage)

To summarize in English, the messages indicate sandbox.cc.pdb me that could not be found with ' cef_sandbox.lib '. The same message is repeated several times but with different pdb files but always with the same lib file ' cef_sandbox.lib '.
thenawaker
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Yes, the pdb warnings are expected.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby thenawaker » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:22 am

Another thing, I would also like to build my project with Visual Studio 2012 (with 5 update) but I get this error:
Code: Select all
1>------ Build started: Project: libcef_dll_wrapper, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  cef_message_router.cc
1>  cef_resource_manager.cc
1>  cef_stream_resource_handler.cc
1>  libcef_dll_wrapper2.cc
1>C:\Users\Jimmy\Projets\whisper\Code\include/base/internal/cef_bind_internal.h(2574): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1>  (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1443)
1>   To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
1>  Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++

An idea?
thenawaker
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:42 am

thenawaker wrote:1>C:\Users\Jimmy\Projets\whisper\Code\include/base/internal/cef_bind_internal.h(2574): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1443)

If you can identify what exactly is causing the compiler to crash then it might be fixable. Otherwise you'll need to use a newer version of the compiler.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby thenawaker » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Okay, thanks for your help :)
thenawaker
Techie

Postby AncientMan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:28 pm

magreenblatt wrote:
thenawaker wrote:1>C:\Users\Jimmy\Projets\whisper\Code\include/base/internal/cef_bind_internal.h(2574): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1443)

If you can identify what exactly is causing the compiler to crash then it might be fixable. Otherwise you'll need to use a newer version of the compiler.

It's caused by the final keyword in cef_bind_internal.h. Removing this solves the compiler error. See https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStu ... ils/762838 for more info.
AncientMan

PreviousNext

Return to Support Forum