localStorage not persisting across sessions on OSX

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: localStorage not persisting across sessions on OSX

Postby Liosan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:46 am

Does anybody have any suggestions? Pointing is a general direction would be awesome. For example - how can we verify that the shutdown is done properly? What code is responsible for flushing local storage?

Liosan
Liosan
Techie

Postby Czarek » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:09 am

Liosan wrote:Does anybody have any suggestions? Pointing is a general direction would be awesome. For example - how can we verify that the shutdown is done properly? What code is responsible for flushing local storage?

Liosan

If app process doesn't hang when closing app and no errors are found in debug.log file then shutdown succeeds. Apart from calling CefShutdown make sure that you don't keep any browser references or any other CefRefPtr strong references.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby Liosan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:00 am

No hang, no errors in log, all Browsers and other CEF objects released correctly. As I said - worked in previous CEF version, it broke after upgrade to newer (with no c++ changes).

We are currently investigating the commandline flag enable-aggressive-domstorage-flushing - it seems to address the issue.

Liosan
Liosan
Techie

Postby Czarek » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:11 am

Czarek wrote:If app process doesn't hang when closing app and no errors are found in debug.log file then shutdown succeeds - *most probably*

I would like to correct my previous statement. I just recall issue with cookies not being flushed to disk when I didn't free one of CEF objects references - and there were no errors in logs and process stopped fine.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Previous

Return to Support Forum