How to disable PDF plugin altogether?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

How to disable PDF plugin altogether?

Postby tml » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:45 am

In my effort to shrink the CEF library shipped with my app, I came across the PDF.plugin bundle which I eventually deleted as I don't need either the PDF viewer or printing. The app runs just fine this way, but the render process complains to the system console:

Code: Select all
2015-09-01 11:33:03.395 CEF Helper[24913:507] Cannot find executable for CFBundle 0x103e007a0 </Users/xxx/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyApp-gfnzermjotjllghiicnbsuensfpe/Build/Products/Debug/MyApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium Embedded Framework.framework/Libraries/PDF.plugin> (not loaded)
[0901/113303:WARNING:plugin_module.cc(349)] No PPP_GetInterface in plugin library

I tried passing the --disable-pdf-extension switch to both processes in various ways (setting it in CefMainArgs, overriding OnBeforeCommandLineProcessing) but all in vain, the log message still pops up every time a browser is launched.

So my question is: how can I tell CEF that it shouldn't try to load the plugin and thus get rid of the message?
tml
Techie

Re: How to disable PDF plugin altogether?

Postby Czarek » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:05 am

Looks like a harmless warning, just ignore it.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum