sandbox_win.cc error results in application crashing

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

sandbox_win.cc error results in application crashing

Postby simontolham » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Hello,

I'm using CEF 2357 for windows 32 bit in my application.
It worked without any problems on different machines, but now my application crashes when starting on a new computer, even if built using the same version of the code and the same built copy of CEF.

Unluckily, the only information I've got about the crash is:

[0928/163359:FATAL:sandbox_win.cc(581)] Check failed: result == 0.

but I'm disabling the sandbox passing the no-sandbox flag to the command line parameters, and as said before it works fine on other computers.

Can someone help me to understand what I'm doing wrong? Please let me know if having more details about my computer configuration might be useful.
Thanks
simontolham
Techie

Re: sandbox_win.cc error results in application crashing

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:01 pm

What is the OS on the new machine? Have you tested the same OS on other machines? Does the problem reproduce with cefclient?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: sandbox_win.cc error results in application crashing

Postby simontolham » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:35 pm

It's Windows 8.1, I've just got the same crash on a Windows 7 machine too though.
The application works fine on other computers on all the other OSs (linux, mac, even other win7/8 machines and windows 10).
Running cefclient from the terminal doesn't make any problem, now I'm trying to use a locally built copy of cef and see if that changes anything (before I was using the same one in all the machines).
Do you have any suggestions about other things I could check? May be something in the environment?
simontolham
Techie

Return to Support Forum