Handle Mouse Events

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Handle Mouse Events

Postby mauricioconst » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to handle mouse and keyboard events on my application. Using OnPreKeyEvent() i'm sucessfully handling the keyboard, but i didn't find any mouse related functions. Handling WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONUP doesn't have any effect, since these messages never hit the main window. Is there any other way to receive these mouse events in CEF?

Thanks!

Mauricio.
mauricioconst

Re: Handle Mouse Events

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:24 am

Mouse events can be captured using JavaScript.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Handle Mouse Events

Postby mauricioconst » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi Marshall!

Thanks for the response!

Is it possible to capture and block the click, the same way that is possible on OnPreKeyEvent using Javascript ?

The problem is that other processes(specifically malwares) are injecting messages like WM_KEYDOWN and WM_LBUTTONDOWN to our application. I tried filtering this through the message loop, but without success because these messages never reach the message loop. Using OnPreKeyEvent I was able to block these malicious inputs from the keyboard, but I didn't found any for the mouse. Is it possible using Javascript?

Thanks!
mauricioconst

Return to Support Forum