Non fatal error when initializing and infinite loading

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Non fatal error when initializing and infinite loading

Postby hydroflame » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Hello, I'm trying to make bindings to CEF from another language
I'm using the debug version to developp my bindings, when calling initialize i get this error
[1118/151525:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(258)] Failed to init browser shader disk cache.
but initialize returns true (1) anyway, should I be worried ?

Also I'm trying to load a webpage (google.com) but my browser just loads infinitely
pseudo code:

cef_initialize(emptyMainArgs, settings with only resource_dir_path set, nil, nil)
cef_browser_host_create_browser_sync(defaultInfo, defaultClient, "http://www.google.com". null)
while browser.IsLoading() {
sleep()
}
hydroflame

Re: Non fatal error when initializing and infinite loading

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:36 pm

hydroflame wrote:I'm using the debug version to developp my bindings, when calling initialize i get this error
[1118/151525:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(258)] Failed to init browser shader disk cache.
but initialize returns true (1) anyway, should I be worried ?

Nope.

hydroflame wrote:Also I'm trying to load a webpage (google.com) but my browser just loads infinitely
pseudo code:

cef_initialize(emptyMainArgs, settings with only resource_dir_path set, nil, nil)
cef_browser_host_create_browser_sync(defaultInfo, defaultClient, "http://www.google.com". null)
while browser.IsLoading() {
sleep()
}

CEF events are asynchronous and you need to run a message loop. Consequently that code likely won't work.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Non fatal error when initializing and infinite loading

Postby hydroflame » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Ah ok thanks that solves that.
hydroflame

Return to Support Forum