Error in localstorage file

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Error in localstorage file

Postby mykwgo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi,

I am using the CefSharp.ChromiumWebBrowser in a WPF application and am using local storage by setting the CachePath. I noticed that the local storage does not always work although the .localstorage file gets updated. When I open the .localstorage file in notepad, whenever the local storage does not work properly, there is this line shown in the file:

t a b l e I t e m T a b l e I t e m T a b l e C R E A T E T A B L E I t e m T a b l e ( k e y T E X T U N I Q U E O N C O N F L I C T R E P L A C E , v a l u e B L O B N O T N U L L O N C O N F L I C T F A I L ) [!}1 i n d e x s q l i t e _ a u t o i n d e x _ I t e m T a b l e _ 1 I t e m T a b l e

I am using Version 45.0.0.0 runtime version v4.0.30319.

Anyone has any idea why?

Many thanks in advance.
mykwgo

Re: Error in localstorage file

Postby amaitland » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Does the problem reproduce in version `47`?
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby mykwgo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi amaitland,

Thanks for your reply! No, I have yet to try it out with version 47. I will try to update the binaries and see if this error still occurs. Were there any changes in the version 47 with regards to the local storage?

Best Regards
mykwgo

Postby amaitland » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 pm

You'd have to review the Chromium change log, there's typically a huge number of changes between versions, even more as a version is skipped.

I'm not aware of any localStorage changes in the CEF code, though I cannot say definitively.

Also when posting on this forum you need to include the CEF version, in your case 45.0.0 = 3.2454.1344
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby mykwgo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:30 am

Hi amaitland,

I have tried using CefSharp v47.0.2 with cef v3.2526.1362. The problem still persist. The local storage does not work. I have an application that host the ChromiumWebBrowser which loads a website that contains some charts. After removing some charts, I close the application. When I relaunch the application, the website merely displays back the original charts. The previous changes did not persist.

I initialized the Cef in the App(). I then later use the RequestContextSettings to set the CachePath value in a view model.

this.requestContextSettings = new RequestContextSettings { CachePath = "Cache_WinFM_ChromiumWebBrowser" };
var requestContext = new RequestContext(this.requestContextSettings);
this.chromiumWebBrowser.RequestContext = requestContext;

Is there anything else that I should check? There is no error in the debug.log.

Best Regards
mykwgo

Postby amaitland » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm wondering if the problem is related to the RequestContext? Can you try using the CefSettings.CachePath settings and commenting out the RequestContext?
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby mykwgo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:02 am

Hi amaitland,

I have finally found the problem. It is nothing to do with CefSharp or CEF but rather the javascript in our application which did not persist the localstorage across different views. We detected it using the Debugger.

Thanks a million for your help. Much appreciated!
mykwgo

Return to Support Forum