CEFsimple project - issue with linking libraries

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEFsimple project - issue with linking libraries

Postby mtweeman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:48 pm

Hello,

my very first topic here, so I hope I can count for some kind of understanding for a newbie.

I was trying to run this CEFsimple project on Windows operated PC. I managed to do all steps described here:
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... i/Tutorial

up to Windows Build Steps, point 2. with compiled source code files. I'm having hard time with linking mentioned libraries however. Could you give me any hints how to proceed with that one? I was trying to find some tips online, but I failed miserably. Any help appreciated.

Regards,
mtweeman
mtweeman
Techie

Re: CEFsimple project - issue with linking libraries

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:02 am

Are you using Visual Studio? See for example https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_P ... ual_Studio.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby mtweeman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Thanks for reply.

I'm using Visual Studio. I applied changes to my project according to information included in link you sent. I still get 303 errors. Each of them beginning with "unresolved external symbol" for cefsimple project. Any ideas?
mtweeman
Techie

Postby mtweeman » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:12 am

I tried to deal with my problem further. It appears I made so many changes in properties of my project that it didn't want to proceed further.
Starting from the scratch was something that helped. Now I have one error only to fix:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1104 cannot open file 'cefsimple.dir\Debug\cefsimple.res' cefsimple D:\...\Projekty\IMAK\CEF\CEF_1\cefsimple\LINK 1

Any ideas how to solve it?
mtweeman
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:28 am

Check Configuration Properties > Resources in Visual Studio.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby mtweeman » Wed May 18, 2016 12:10 pm

I managed to solve my issues in the end. This is for people who may face similar problem in the future.

Perhaps this was my lack of knowledge on how to compile apps for Windows, etc. Basically, some directories including mandatory .lib files had to be introduced for the project I was working in VS. It had to be done using properties of the project and then pointing directories with additional libraries. After that it worked as it supposed to. IF you're struggling with this, too, I'd be happy to help.

Topic can be closed.
mtweeman
Techie

Return to Support Forum