Applying patch for fullscreen in CEF

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Applying patch for fullscreen in CEF

Postby mtweeman » Sat May 21, 2016 7:03 am

Hi!

I'm having rough time trying to apply patch for fullscreen (https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/562) into cefclient app.

I read somewhere that TortoiseSVN is software I need to make such operation. However, when I try to use it and specify path of working it says this is "not working copy". Do you have any tips for me how to deal with it?
mtweeman
Techie

Re: Applying patch for fullscreen in CEF

Postby amaitland » Sat May 21, 2016 4:42 pm

What branch are you trying to apply a patch to? The changes related to that issue were merged almost a year ago.

`CEF` uses `GIT` these days, been quite some since since it used `SVN`.
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby mtweeman » Sun May 22, 2016 3:42 am

I'm working with branch 2556.
I also thought so, but I looked over CefBrowserSettings in source code and I was unable to change object settings.fullscreen_enabled feature. My thinking was that maybe developers changed their mind and removed that option later on. Any ideas on that one?
mtweeman
Techie

Postby amaitland » Sun May 22, 2016 4:35 am

Firstly 2556 isn't a release branch, 2526, 2623, 2703. Stay away from anything else IMHO.

You can control fullscreen through `CefRequestContext::SetPreference`.

apidocs3/projects/%28default%29/CefRequestContext.html#SetPreference%28constCefString&,CefRefPtr%3CCefValue%3E,CefString&%29

It's somewhat pointless though, if you don't implement `CefDisplayHandler::OnFullscreenModeChange` and actually change your app to be in fullscreen then nothing will happen.

apidocs3/projects/%28default%29/CefDisplayHandler.html#OnFullscreenModeChange%28CefRefPtr%3CCefBrowser%3E,bool%29
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby amaitland » Thu May 26, 2016 2:59 pm

amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby mtweeman » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:35 am

Hi,

I found some patch that probably includes changes I want to have in my CEF (https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... creen/diff)

I was trying to apply it somehow using GIT as it was suggested by amaitland earlier. Can you give me some tips where to start?
So far I downloaded GIT for Windows on https://git-for-windows.github.io/ and tried to use some commands like "git apply" or "git am" to get patch file implemented into my cefclient code. It hasn't worked, as "I don't have GIT repository". Any clues?
mtweeman
Techie

Return to Support Forum