ARM Cross Compilation

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

ARM Cross Compilation

Postby rbrdn » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:41 am

Hello.

I tried to cross compile CEF for ARM. There is many posts about it, but I can't cross-compile.

Here are my steps :
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... inux-setup
At step 8, I change GPY_DEFINES to GYP_DEFINES="target_arch=arm arm_float_abi=hard component=shared_library".

Doing this, I can't compile.

If someone have recently done an ARM cross compilation and have exhaustive steps to do this, It will be very helpful.

Regards
rbrdn

Re: ARM Cross Compilation

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:49 am

I don't believe you can compile CEF for ARM without source code changes. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13130 which appears to be the most recent post claiming success. Also, "component=shared_library" is not supported by CEF.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby rbrdn » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:15 am

I've tried this yesterday and compilation failed but not on the same file. The problem was a header file not found, like if my compile engine was not configured correctly. Also, which revision to use to cross compile for ARM ? Is the latest a good one ? Do I use an external compile engine or an engine embedded in chromium ?

Many thanks
rbrdn

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Cross-compiling to ARM is not supported by CEF. You will need to experiment and figure out what works for yourself.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:15 pm

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum