cmake Ninja problem with Spotify minimal distribution

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

cmake Ninja problem with Spotify minimal distribution

Postby Czarek » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm having trouble running cmake with the "cef_binary_3.2704.1432.g60b3718_linux64_minimal" distro - some Ninja error, see below. (Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit)

Code: Select all
czarek@ubuntu1404:~/cef_binary/build$ cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.12.2
czarek@ubuntu1404:~$ ninja --version
czarek@ubuntu1404:~$ cd cef_binary/build/
czarek@ubuntu1404:~/cef_binary/build$ cmake -G "Ninja" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Ninja".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: /home/czarek/cef_binary/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: /home/czarek/cef_binary/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Re: cmake Ninja problem with Spotify minimal distribution

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Looks like a problem with your cmake installation. Try uninstalling the package and then building cmake from source code.

Also, note that the minimal distribution does not include source code for the sample applications so running cmake with it directly will fail.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: cmake Ninja problem

Postby Czarek » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:45 am

The issue was that cmake requires read permissions on the ninja executable. I've had 751 permissions on it, so had to chmod 755.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum