Cannot open include file: 'uiviewsettingsinterop.h'

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Cannot open include file: 'uiviewsettingsinterop.h'

Postby Horsetopus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:27 am

Hi,

I'm trying to build CEF.
I followed the MasterBuildQuickStart guide.
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ckStart.md

But when I come to building, I get this error:
D:\workspace\chromium_git\chromium\src>ninja.exe -C out/Debug cefclient cefsimple cef_unittests
ninja: Entering directory `out/Debug'
[19/10872] CXX obj\base\win\base.win_util.obj
FAILED: obj/base/win/base.win_util.obj
ninja -t msvc -e environment.x86 -- "D:\devtools\vsexpress2015\VC\bin\amd64_x86\cl.exe" /nologo /showIncludes /FC @obj\b
ase\win\base.win_util.obj.rsp /c ..\..\base\win\win_util.cc /Foobj\base\win\base.win_util.obj /Fdobj\base\base.cc.pdb
d:\workspace\chromium_git\chromium\src\base\win\win_util.cc(25): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'uiviewsettingsinterop.h': No such file or directory
[24/10872] CXX obj\base\trace_event\base.process_memory_dump.obj
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

I get the same error if I try to build cefclient from Visual from the generated sln.
I do have Windows Dev kit 10 installed, and I can find the uiviewsettingsinterop.h file under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.10586.0\um"
I am running Windows 7 pro 64, SP1, 8GB of ram.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Horsetopus

Re: Cannot open include file: 'uiviewsettingsinterop.h'

Postby JasonLP » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:26 am

I just came here to report the same problem, when building on branch 2704. :(
JasonLP
Mentor

Postby Horsetopus » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Yeah...
We are not alone, but the issue must be new cause the only ref I could find is there:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.or ... NU0LlWsdwM
As I said there, it seams to have something to do the enthronement paths, but I couldn't figure the right way to correct it.
Horsetopus

Postby Czarek » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:36 am

VS Express editions are not supported. See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chrom ... uctions.md

Setting up the environment for Visual Studio

You must build with Visual Studio 2015 Update 2; no other version is supported.

You must have Windows 7 x64 or later. x86 OSs are unsupported.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby Czarek » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:39 am

Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby sburke » Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 pm

@czarek: is the link to the minimum requirements posted as a potential solution? My development environment meets the minimum requirements and uiviewsettingsinterop.h is present in the Windows 10 SDK path. If I right-click on the file name in VS 2015, it opens uiviewsettingsinterop.h without a problem. However, the Ninja build cannot find that include file. If anybody has resolved this issue then please post an update. I have tried retargeting the solution to the latest Windows 10 SDK to no avail.

Following is one of the many build errors that is logged during the build:
1> ninja -t msvc -e environment.x86 -- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\amd64_x86/cl.exe" /nologo /showIncludes /FC @obj/base/base/win_util.obj.rsp /c ../../base/win/win_util.cc /Foobj/base/base/win_util.obj /Fd"obj/base/base_cc.pdb"
1>c:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src\base\win\win_util.cc(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'uiviewsettingsinterop.h': No such file or directory

Or from the command line:
C:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src>ninja -C out\Debug_GN_x86 cef
ninja: warning: premature end of file; recovering
ninja: Entering directory `out\Debug_GN_x86'
[26/28055] CXX obj/base/base/win_util.obj
FAILED: obj/base/base/win_util.obj
ninja -t msvc -e environment.x86 -- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\amd64_x86/cl.exe" /nologo /showIncludes /FC @obj/base/base/win_util.obj.rsp /c ../../base/win/win_util.cc /Foobj/base/base/win_util.obj /Fd"obj/base/base_cc.pdb"
c:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src\base\win\win_util.cc(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'uiviewsettingsinterop.h': No such file or directory
[35/28055] CXX obj/base/i18n/file_util_icu.obj

C:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src>ninja -C out\Debug_GN_x64 cef
ninja: Entering directory `out\Debug_GN_x64'
[5/28822] CXX obj/base/base/win_util.obj
FAILED: obj/base/base/win_util.obj
ninja -t msvc -e environment.x64 -- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\amd64/cl.exe" /nologo /showIncludes /FC @obj/base/base/win_util.obj.rsp /c ../../base/win/win_util.cc /Foobj/base/base/win_util.obj /Fd"obj/base/base_cc.pdb"
c:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src\base\win\win_util.cc(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'uiviewsettingsinterop.h': No such file or directory
[14/28822] CXX obj/base/base/blame_context.obj

C:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src>
sburke
Mentor

Postby Czarek » Tue May 30, 2017 11:50 pm

I can only suggest checking VS environment variables for include paths and see if the correct SDK is there.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby amaitland » Wed May 31, 2017 12:59 am

@czarek: is the link to the minimum requirements posted as a potential solution? My development environment meets the minimum requirements and uiviewsettingsinterop.h is present in the Windows 10 SDK path. If I right-click on the file name in VS 2015, it opens uiviewsettingsinterop.h without a problem. However, the Ninja build cannot find that include file. If anybody has resolved this issue then please post an update. I have tried retargeting the solution to the latest Windows 10 SDK to no avail.

It's a mistake to think of the requirements listed as being minimum requirements, in many cases like that of the Windows SDK, it will only build if you have exactly the specified version.
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby Czarek » Wed May 31, 2017 1:06 am

Like Master says.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby sburke » Wed May 31, 2017 8:18 am

Finally got this to work by targeting the correct SDK. It is still perplexing as to why the latter SDK versions wouldn't work because they all include this header file in the same location, and VS was able to find it from within the editor. In any event, for anybody else who runs into this, following are the steps to circumvent:

1) Download and install Windows SDK version 10.01.14393.033 from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/w ... dk-archive.
2) In Visual Studio, right-click on the project and select "Retarget solution".
3) Select version 10.01.14393.0 as the new target (this will be available although you actually installed 10.01.14393.033). Click OK and have a cup of coffee while VS works on it.
4) Start the build. If VS generates errors about access violations then change the maximum number of parallel project builds to 1 (Tools / Options / Projects and Solutions / Build and Run / [1] maximum number of parallel project builds).
5) Go watch a movie because the build takes hours.

I now have only 21 projects that will not compile as opposed to the hundreds that would not compile before. Still not quite there but at least I got past this issue.
sburke
Mentor

Return to Support Forum