cefclient.exe -multi-threaded-message-loop freezes ..

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: cefclient.exe -multi-threaded-message-loop freezes ..

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Was there anything else in the call stack, perhaps traces into windows dlls? If so you might get meaningful symbols from the symbol server. See here
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby kaido » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:08 pm

magreenblatt wrote:Looks like the call to DefWindowProc is causing the problem: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... win.cc-324

trying to understand what's going wrong in there is not easy either -
when I set breakpoint at CefBrowserPlatformDelegateNativeWin::HandleKeyboardEvent and continuing after breaking there (getting VK_MENU or VK_F10 message as expected) - all runs smoothly .. some kind of timing/race condition issue?
kaido
Techie

Postby unknown » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:13 am

call stack
Code: Select all
>   libcef.dll!logging::LogMessage::~LogMessage() Line 748   C++
    libcef.dll!base::NonThreadSafeImpl::~NonThreadSafeImpl() Line 17   C++
    libcef.dll!KeyedServiceFactory::~KeyedServiceFactory() Line 22   C++
    [External Code]   
    libcef.dll!base::Singleton<extensions::ProcessMapFactory,base::DefaultSingletonTraits<extensions::ProcessMapFactory>,extensions::ProcessMapFactory>::OnExit(void * __formal) Line 274   C++
    libcef.dll!base::AtExitManager::ProcessCallbacksNow() Line 83   C++
    libcef.dll!base::AtExitManager::~AtExitManager() Line 42   C++
    [External Code]   
    libcef.dll!content::ContentMainRunnerImpl::Shutdown() Line 813   C++
    libcef.dll!CefContext::FinalizeShutdown() Line 471   C++
    libcef.dll!CefContext::Shutdown() Line 344   C++
    libcef.dll!CefShutdown() Line 173   C++
    cefclient.exe!CefShutdown() Line 204   C++
    cefclient.exe!client::MainContextImpl::Shutdown() Line 180   C++
    cefclient.exe!client::`anonymous namespace'::RunMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance, int nCmdShow) Line 112   C++
    cefclient.exe!wWinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance, HINSTANCE__ * hPrevInstance, wchar_t * lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow) Line 129   C++
    [External Code]   
    [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for ntdll.dll]   

auto
-      this   0x0117a2b0 {severity_=3 stream_={_Stringbuffer={_Seekhigh=0x01452ef0 "[0903/230521:FATAL:non_thread_safe_impl.cc(16)] Check failed: CalledOnValidThread(). \n­º\rð­º\r𭺫«««««««" ...} } ...}   logging::LogMessage *
      severity_   3   int
+      stream_   {_Stringbuffer={_Seekhigh=0x01452ef0 "[0903/230521:FATAL:non_thread_safe_impl.cc(16)] Check failed: CalledOnValidThread(). \n­º\rð­º\r𭺫«««««««" ...} }   std::basic_ostringstream<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >
      message_start_   48   unsigned int
+      file_   0x140018b0 "y:\\work\\cef3_git\\chromium\\src\\base\\threading\\non_thread_safe_impl.cc"   const char *
      line_   16   const int
+      last_error_   {last_error_=0 }   logging::LogMessage::SaveLastError

unknown

Postby unknown » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:07 am

I posted my call trace as my very first post yesterday with a note that it will go under a monitors review. Will it get posted eventually?
unknown

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:30 am

unknown wrote:I posted my call trace as my very first post yesterday with a note that it will go under a monitors review. Will it get posted eventually?

The trace that you posted looks like an assertion during shutdown. How is it related to this thread?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby kaido » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:07 am

magreenblatt wrote:The trace that you posted looks like an assertion during shutdown. How is it related to this thread?

wasntme
kaido
Techie

Postby unknown » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:43 am

magreenblatt wrote:
unknown wrote:I posted my call trace as my very first post yesterday with a note that it will go under a monitors review. Will it get posted eventually?

The trace that you posted looks like an assertion during shutdown. How is it related to this thread?

Ah, it's a "freeze" thread. Should I make another thread?
unknown

Postby kaido » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:15 pm

magreenblatt wrote:Was there anything else in the call stack, perhaps traces into windows dlls?

not too much... those are on top of the stack:

win32u.dll!_NtUserMessageCall@28()   
user32.dll!RealDefWindowProcWorker()   
user32.dll!DefWindowProcW()   
libcef.dll!CefBrowserPlatformDelegateNativeWin::HandleKeyboardEvent(const content::NativeWebKeyboardEvent & event) Line 325   C++
libcef.dll!CefBrowserHostImpl::HandleKeyboardEvent(content::WebContents * source, const content::NativeWebKeyboardEvent & event) Line 2167   C++
libcef.dll!content::WebContentsImpl::HandleKeyboardEvent(const content::NativeWebKeyboardEvent & event) Line 1740   C++
libcef.dll!content::RenderWidgetHostImpl::OnKeyboardEventAck(const content::EventWithLatencyInfo<content::NativeWebKeyboardEvent> & event, content::InputEventAckState ack_result) Line 1915   C++
[...]

the event (in HandleKeyboardEvent()) looks like release of the F10 key (did press that instead of F10, buth freeze the same way .. )

anything else I can look for or dig up? any ideas how to proceed?
kaido
Techie

Postby amaitland » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Testing with Windows 10 x64 Anniversary 14393.187 and everything appears to be working as expected.

I've tried using CefSharp versions based on 3.2704.1432 and 2785.1478 (both 32bit).

Has MS resolved the issue with one of their updates or is there something I'm missing?
Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Postby kaido » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:06 pm

amaitland wrote:Testing with Windows 10 x64 Anniversary 14393.187 and everything appears to be working as expected.

I've tried using CefSharp versions based on 3.2704.1432 and 2785.1478 (both 32bit).

Has MS resolved the issue with one of their updates or is there something I'm missing?

not really. the problem is still there.

for some reason it's not directly repeatable with CefSharp.WinForms.Example - after removign some UI elements the problem started to appear there as well ..

just tested with Windows 14393.187, both cefclient and my app hang freeze similarly ..

the easiest repeatable test case with cefsharp is to follow the instructions here:
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/105 ... g-CefSharp

regards,
kaido
kaido
Techie

PreviousNext

Return to Support Forum