Building with USE_SANDBOX OFF on Windows

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Building with USE_SANDBOX OFF on Windows

Postby tomseddon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:29 am

Using 3.2785.1473.gc7e062b on Windows, FindCEF.cmake includes cef_variables.cmake, which gives you a USE_SANDBOX option - but it straight away makes a decision about command line options based on its value, giving you no obvious way of changing it! So, if you want to build with VS2015, but don't want to use the sandbox... how do you do that? It looks like it isn't possible, but hopefully that's just a hole in my cmake knowledge...

(Regardless of whether building without the sandbox is a good idea or not, I still want at least the option of a proper debug build, that links with the debug runtime libraries.)

For now I've gone back to 3.2743.1449.g90ba67d.

Thanks,

--Tom
tomseddon

Re: Building with USE_SANDBOX OFF on Windows

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:39 pm

You can run the cmake command-line with `-DUSE_SANDBOX=Off". Does that not work for you?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Building with USE_SANDBOX OFF on Windows

Postby tomseddon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:25 am

Yes, it does - thanks.

(My question probably wasn't very clear, looking back at it! - but I was trying to do this from inside my program's CMakeLists.txt, in the hope there would be no need to supply any CEF-related defines on the cmake command line. In the end, though, my program has ended up needing a couple of defines of its own, so I've made a batch file that runs cmake, and I've simply added -DUSE_SANDBOX=OFF to that. So no problem.)

--Tom
tomseddon

Return to Support Forum