CefRenderHandler::StartDragging not called

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CefRenderHandler::StartDragging not called

Postby Czarek » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:46 pm

This callback is never called in my Python application, what could be the cause of this? In cefclient it works fine. Testing on Linux. I suspect that maybe it's because I'm not passing window handle to SetAsWindowless(), as I'm having hard time to obtain this handle in Kivy framework. What initiates the StartDragging event? Maybe it's some issue with SendMouseClick/SendMouseMove events?
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Re: CefRenderHandler::StartDragging not called

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:54 pm

StartDragging is called when you begin a drag event in the browser. That's usually a mouse down followed by a mouse move on a draggable DOM element.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: CefRenderHandler::StartDragging not called

Postby Czarek » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:28 am

magreenblatt wrote:StartDragging is called when you begin a drag event in the browser. That's usually a mouse down followed by a mouse move on a draggable DOM element.

You were right, I messed up SendMouseMoveEvent calls. I had two routines calling it, one in on_touch_move and that was correct, and another one that tracked down mouse cursor and was sending mouse move event without the modifiers=EVENTFLAG_LEFT_MOUSE_BUTTON, and that caused the issue.

Thanks.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum