Issue with the CEF render process

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Issue with the CEF render process

Postby Nidhi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:52 am

Hi ,

I am trying to open the CEF to load a particular URL which is passed from some other application(not Visual Studio Project), but seems like there is some issue with the rendering process.None of my SimpleHandler functions are called(I am using cefsimple).
While debugging it is observed that the process will halt after CefRunMessageLoop.

I have placed all the files mentioned in the ReadMe.txt at the .exe path.
What am I doing wrong.
Nidhi
Techie

Re: Issue with the CEF render process

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:57 am

CefRunMessageLoop should only be called for the main process. Other processes are run using CefExecuteProcess.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Nidhi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:05 pm

When I tried debugging the CEF dll and running with .exe(VS )project, after the CEFRunMessageLoop the control went to client_get_display_handler callback .But when I am embedding the same dl with same other application (not VS project), it is not calling the callbacks such as GetDisplayHandler,client_get_display_handler.
Nidhi
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:23 pm

What do you mean by "same other application (not VS project)"?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Nidhi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:28 pm

I have some other application from where I am passing the URL to dll, which using the CEF should launch that particular URL.In other words, I am trying to embed the CEF with my external application.
Nidhi
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:37 pm

It sounds like perhaps you don't have a clear understanding of the embedding design or requirements. I suggest you read https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... alUsage.md
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Nidhi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:18 pm

I have already read this page, may be I am not able to explain my question .

Okay, I am trying to build a desktop application which loads a web page for a given url.

So, I want my application to sends a url( to be opened) to CEF and rendering of that url should be handled using CEF.
While doing so, I am able to launch the browser via my desktop application, but it is not rendering anything, it is showing a blank page.
Nidhi
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:25 pm

I suggest you start with the cefsimple or cefclient sample application. Once you have the browser application working there are many ways that you can send it a URL to load.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Nidhi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:34 pm

my cefsimple application is working fine.So what I did is I created a cefsimple.dll and then I run it with a win 32 console application to verify whether my .dll is correct or not and everything seems to work fine. I am able to able to launch the url without any issue.

It is now when I am trying to use this .dll in my desktop application, I am able to launch the browser but not able to render the web page.
I tried this even by hardcoding the url in .dll file but no luck :(
Nidhi
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Does it need to run in the same process? You could just launch the browser executable as a separate process.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support Forum