implementing CEF, getting around namespace client

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

implementing CEF, getting around namespace client

Postby wrightpt » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:02 am

I am trying to write my own application that uses parts of CEF. Basically I want it to render on to my opengl canvas. However, when ever i try to create a delegate I am not able to. I cannot get around the "namespace client." Is there any way to get around this. In other words use the functions that are declared in the namespace client.

The reason I do not want to create my own app through CEF cmake is because I want my application to be as fast as possible. so I just want to understand all the parts and have them as efficient as possible. I do not feel that way using the namespace.
wrightpt
Expert

Re: implementing CEF, getting around namespace client

Postby wrightpt » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:27 am

I have an entirely seperate application. my canvas is not created within the CEF application. I linked to the library and header files but am not able to use the functions.
wrightpt
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:09 pm

I suggest you read a tutorial on how to use namespaces. For example: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5cb46ksf.aspx
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby digory » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:31 am

Namespaces are just a compiler thing to avoid name conflicts. They do not slow down your application in any way, because they do not generate code themselves.
digory
Expert

Return to Support Forum