llvm compile error building branch 2704 on debian wheezy

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

llvm compile error building branch 2704 on debian wheezy

Postby olivierfrdierick » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi,
I'm following the instructions from the BuildingOnDebian7 wiki page.
I'm stuck at point 8 "Build llvm and clang locally."

The command is:
Code: Select all
./tools/clang/scripts/update.py --force-local-build --without-android --gcc-toolchain '/usr'

The compile error is:
Code: Select all
FAILED: lib/Support/CMakeFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/ThreadPool.cpp.o
/usr/bin/g++   -DGTEST_HAS_RTTI=0 -D_DEBUG -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -fPIC -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wno-missing-field-initializers -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wdelete-non-virtual-dtor -Wno-comment -std=c++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -O3  -Ilib/Support -I/home/olivier/Projets/libcef/branche_2704/chromium/src/third_party/llvm/lib/Support -Iinclude -I/home/olivier/Projets/libcef/branche_2704/chromium/src/third_party/llvm/include    -UNDEBUG  -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -MMD -MT lib/Support/CMakeFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/ThreadPool.cpp.o -MF lib/Support/CMakeFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/ThreadPool.cpp.o.d -o lib/Support/CMakeFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/ThreadPool.cpp.o -c /home/olivier/Projets/libcef/branche_2704/chromium/src/third_party/llvm/lib/Support/ThreadPool.cpp
/home/olivier/Projets/libcef/branche_2704/chromium/src/third_party/llvm/lib/Support/ThreadPool.cpp: In lambda function:
/home/olivier/Projets/libcef/branche_2704/chromium/src/third_party/llvm/lib/Support/ThreadPool.cpp:142:55: error: no matching function for call to ‘std::shared_future<void>::get() const’
/home/olivier/Projets/libcef/branche_2704/chromium/src/third_party/llvm/lib/Support/ThreadPool.cpp:142:55: note: candidate is:
In file included from /home/olivier/Projets/libcef/branche_2704/chromium/src/third_party/llvm/include/llvm/Support/ThreadPool.h:30:0,
                 from /home/olivier/Projets/libcef/branche_2704/chromium/src/third_party/llvm/lib/Support/ThreadPool.cpp:14:
/usr/include/c++/4.7/future:892:7: note: void std::shared_future<void>::get() <near match>
/usr/include/c++/4.7/future:892:7: note:   no known conversion for implicit ‘this’ parameter from ‘const std::shared_future<void>*’ to ‘std::shared_future<void>*’
[79/2628] Building CXX object lib/Support/CMakeFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/YAMLParser.cpp.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Failed.
olivierfrdierick

Re: llvm compile error building branch 2704 on debian wheezy

Postby olivierfrdierick » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Answering myself.

Legacy Release Branches (Unsupported)

Legacy CEF builds are available from the Spotify automated builder back to 2704 branch and from the Adobe automated builder back to 1453 branch. Building legacy branches is not supported. If you choose to build a legacy branch you will need to solve any build errors on your own. Newer legacy branches (within the last few months) can often be built using the same tooling as current branches. Older legacy branches can potentially be built by downloading a CEF source archive at the desired branch from here and a Chromium source archive at the associated/required version from here, and then combining them to create the required directory structure.
olivierfrdierick

Return to Support Forum