CEF External Message Pump

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF External Message Pump

Postby atp15 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:42 am

I'm using CEF in an MFC application, but I'm having some problems processing certain cef queries. I've tried using CEF with multi_threaded_message_loop set to false, but this is making the application hang when moving or resizing the window. I've then tried using multi_threaded_message_loop set to true, but whilst much faster, some of the queries called from Chromium lead to modification to the main UI. As CEF is running with multi threading CEF is running on the wrong thread to perform operations on the UI and crashes.

I'm looking at using the external message pump, but I can't figure it out and the documentation doesn't help very much. I've used the example from the cefclient sample, but I can't get it to work and there doesn't seem to be a way to launch the message loop without blocking the UI. How do I get it to work?

I'm using CEF 3.3840.1518 on Windows 10.

Thanks
atp15
Techie

Re: CEF External Message Pump

Postby Czarek » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:21 am

I believe you can launch "cefclient --external-message-pump" (or similar flag check sources)
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum