use encrypted_value in cookies

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

use encrypted_value in cookies

Postby zyounes » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:31 am

Hello,
I tried to use google chrome cookies file by setting the StoragePath of the GlobalCookieManager like this (using VB):

Code: Select all
CefSharp.Cef.GetGlobalCookieManager.SetStoragePath("C:\\Users\\younes\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\", True)

But when the browser starts it just load the cookies' name (with empty values), i tried to explore the cookies database and i found that the value of the cookies are stored in the column encrypted_value as blobs, the browser does not consider encrypted_value column it just load the values if it is stored in the value column, is there anything i missed.
zyounes

Re: use encrypted_value in cookies

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:17 am

Multiple processes can't read/write the same cookie file at the same time. So don't load the Chrome cookie file in CEF while Chrome is running.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby zyounes » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:38 am

yes i shutdown chrome before loading it, it loads correctly, the problem is that cef browser doesn't read encrypted_value column, i don't know if it is not supported or there is an option to enable
zyounes

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:10 pm

CEF does not currently support encrypted cookie values (see https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/2088/). You can read the sqlite database and decrypt the values yourself as described in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2253 ... -in-chrome
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby zyounes » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:29 am

okey, thank you, hope it will be added soon.
zyounes

Return to Support Forum